Förderkreis Kunstareal München
Art x Culture x Knowledge = a real experience³: Kunstareal München with its outstanding museums, diverse cultural institutions, renowned international colleges and galleries constitutes a quite unparalleled cluster that constantly offers visitors new insights and perspectives. Convinced by the potential of this unique urban space, in 2010 Stiftung Pinakothek der Moderne persuaded 13 patrons associations to join forces as Förderkreis Kunstareal. Under the patronage of HRH Duke Franz of Bavaria the Förderkreis is passionately committed to the following areas:
- Initiating, financing, organizing and realizing Kunstareal festivals – the very first Kunstareal festival already attracted well over 50,000 visitors.
- Financing the Kunstareal Website and ongoing operations.
- Organizing the “New at Kunstareal” series, an annual evening event to foster networking between the Förderkreise.
- Supporting the Kunstareal Coordination Office.
- Cooperating closely with the City of Munich and the State of Bavaria to develop the Kunstareal.